FTTH (Fiber-to-the-Home) brings high speed broadband performance right into end users’ offices and homes in response to the growing demand for bandwidth that DSL and ADSL technologies can no longer satisfy. But new and existing network operators still face the question of how best to make the leap.
Integrated FTTH product solutions
DrakaXSNet is a new concept in the design and implementation of the last mile FTTH networks. Based on our industry-leading single mode optical fiber cable – BendBrightXS with ColorLockXS coating – it comprises three integrated product ranges that cover each engineering stage from the optical fiber ring: Point-of-Presence (PoP), via the Outside Plant (OSP) network, to the Indoor Access Network that enters the end user’s home or office.
DrakaXSNet offers everything you need to build each part of the network: the optimum cables, carefully matched connectivity components, a choice of ducting solutions and Draka’s unique network software suite. Simple. Transparent. Cost-effective. Controllable. As demonstrated in projects in Qatar, Paris, Amsterdam and other major cities, the DrakaXSNet concept adds value for network operators with:
- Increased strategic flexibility – decide what to upgrade and when
- Faster implementation – simplify defining your network architecture and topology
- Total compatibility – individual components that are guaranteed to work together
- More customer connections – easy-to-install, space-saving connectivity products
- Higher network performance – smart network design and flexible upgrade paths
- Optimal splitter placement – optimize location of splitters and distribution points
- Lower installation costs – reduce costs whatever the underlying network architecture
- Lower network design costs – cut network design, implementation, registration and management costs dramatically
- Lower operational costs – cut space requirements, reduce maintenance